Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Jesse!!

I thought about listing 27 things I like about Jesse and ways that he makes my life better. But it's after midnight and I need to get to bed so I'll have to content myself with something much shorter.

If I were to call Delilah and ask her to dedicate a song for Jesse. She might ask me "Jesse friend? Jesse boyfriend?"
Jesse, friend of 6 years.
Jesse, boyfriend of almost 15 months.
Jesse, fiance of nearly 5 months.
Jesse, husband-to-be in less than 3 months.
And while all of those facts are accurate, they are just that--facts. They barely acknowledge the many hours we've spent talking about nothing and everything. They don't explain the depth of his care when I'm not feeling well with the flu, cold, or just a headache. They don't recognize the many times when he's made me laugh and smile when my day had otherwise been frustrating and tiring.

I used to wonder what people really meant by encouraging young people to wait to marry the person they can't imagine their life without. I may still be learning the depth of that truth, but I do now know it for truth for myself.

Happy Birthday to the man I can't imagine out of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home