Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Story: First Introduction

Picking a place to start and keeping a long story short, I completed my M.L.S. in Kansas in May 2000. In August, I moved away from family and home to take the position of Public Services Librarian at Patrick Henry College--a start-up college that was still completing its first building and, in October, would be offering classes for the first time.

Part of my responsibilities were the library website, so I met and worked with the college webmaster very early in my job. As the college moved through the last few weeks of opening, there were many people starting work there--most of them I had to meet as I had need to work with them. So I was a bit surprised when the webmaster actually stopped in my office to introduce to me the new web technician--Jesse. It was literally nothing more than "hi"'s and a brief explanation of how respective work responsibilities related, but because it was a surprise, it stuck with me.

First impressions? Definitely younger than me. Reminded me of a friend from college. (They both have red hair, but different shades; they share similar body builds; both work with computers; both are generally quiet and reserved. End of similarities.) It was going to be good to have another person around that might be interested in some of the group activities that got organized.

Continue: Me and My Memory

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home