Valentine's Weekend
This is a bit late, but not due to lack of appreciation. If anything, due to a touch of guilt that I didn't really do anything for my husband. About the only thing I can take credit for is bringing home a 25" tv that he didn't know we needed or wanted. (It was a freebie from a friend who just replaced the set with a set that works with the new digital technology.) He carried it in from my car set it on the table where it remains--not even within reach of a plug. One of the problems is we don't have much in the way that is sturdy enough to hold it. The little cart we used for our 13" inch tv isn't at all big enough.
Jesse and I shared a great Valentine's weekend! We relaxed most of the day on Saturday.
Jesse gave me a very special gift--a new hair sweep. We had picked up the first one last fall at the Renaissance Faire. I very much liked it--wore it practically every day. I could wear my hair partially up, all up, or switch in the middle of day, according to my mood with the same sweep. And once I put it in, it would hold my hair better than just about anything else that I've ever used. The artisans' website has some examples of their hair sweeps, but they has so many variations in decorative shapes that the website doesn't do justice to their work. I was very disappointed when, in a completely unexplained way, the main part of the sweep fell out of my hair and was lost while the stick was still in my hair when I realized it was falling down. That was back in the fall, just a couple of months after we bought it. So when Jesse presented me with a new hair sweep for Valentine's Day, I was very excited! I've been wearing it everyday again. :)
Saturday afternoon, went over to his brother's to share a late lunch made by his mom. We stayed for a while.
During the day, we still managed to make progress on the unpacking and storing things away. Jesse had picked up some more of the large (~60 qt) clear plastic storage totes from Walmart a while back. So as we worked on unpacking, things we don't need regularly (hammock, air mattresses, hand gardening tools, etc) would go into the totes to go out to the shed. I believe Jesse moved at least 3 of those totes out to the shed by the end of the day and we had a couple more partially filled. I had cleared enough boxes out of the kitchen that we are once more able to open the refrigerator door fully (at least as fully as the wall allows). And he made enough progress on the living room that when EmilyRose came home, she commented on it immediately. But still plenty of work to do.
Sunday after church, we dressed up and headed out to Middletown. We had lunch at the Wayside Inn. The Inn is an old building in the town. All the servers were dressed in colonial dress to add to the old-time atmosphere of the place. The buffet was very good. Then we headed down the block to the Wayside Theatre to catch the musical performance Southern Crossing.
It was a very enjoyable weekend. Thank you, my Valentine!!
Labels: gifts, Holiday, moving, theatre, Valentines

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home