Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Years

Wow! When Jesse arranged to visit my family in KS for new years, I knew there would be introductions to certain people. I didn’t realize that my brother and family would spread the word QUITE so widely and there would end up being SO many activities scheduled (Friday Update and Wednesday Update). Maybe I just hadn’t stopped to consider how many people my family interacts with and how many activities my family is involved with normally.

Whatever the case, Jesse handled it all with his usual amenable and friendly ease.  I admired his ability to keep up with the series of introductions, events, and activities. He even managed to keep track of names and make connections between people that he met at different times and places (this uncle is married to that aunt you met two days ago and owns the business on main street we pointed out).

I completely enjoyed the time I had with my family. The time that Jesse could be there too was all the more enjoyable. (I’m not sure how much to believe it, but one of my sisters suggested that I was in a better mood while Jesse was around.) It was all too short. I’m thankful that the time with my family is being extended in a sense, as my sisters are visiting me for the next 12 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home