Monday, December 05, 2005

The Story: Going On?

Big Grin!

Yeah, yeah. And she doesn't mention anything that she does for me, like cards and meals and movies and cheering me up! Some cards, bouquets or petals are the least I can do. It makes my day so much more enjoyable too when I can stop by. It's a monochrome, 2D day when I don't see her!

We've had a great time in PA for Thanksgiving. It was a meet-the-relatives time for her and she pulled it of so very well! Heck that's too tame - she was the picture of poise, grace and charm the whole time! None of the movie stuff from Meet the Parents! Charlessa already met and knew my mom and siblings, though she had never met my dad until shortly before Thanksgiving. It's always nerve-wracking to meet his/her parents for the first time, or going to their house for the holidays, but this went off without a hitch. Better than that, it was wonderful!

Now, lemme see, where were we? *rummages around through past posts* Aha! There we go.

From January on through the beginning of July nothing much happened that outside people would see, or at least I don't think much was showing through. Though I certainly had plenty spinning around through my head. Not to set Charlessa up on a pedestal (ok, well maybe a little bit!), but I had always loved the grace and wisdom with which she had always spoken. I tend to be too quickly harsh and it was always a blessing to me when I would get emails or talk with her. I'd be inspired by her ideas and reminded to extend Grace regardless of what I think of others.

So by the time I moved back down to Virginia in January I already had her on a pedestal of sorts. It quickly grew taller.

For six months I made up excuses to see or talk with Charlessa - clogging, helping in the library, plays, church, books, movies, Bible studies. You name it, I used it. But I still made every effort to appear casual and wouldn't say that I was attracted to Charlessa in that way.

We were just good friends.
I thought really highly of her.
I enjoyed her company.
We had lots of similarities and similar interests.
Nothing more!
(SU-U-U-URE!)

After a couple months those were sounding pretty thin, even to myself. My mom asked me about Charlessa a few times and I even had some friends ask me if something was happening. And so, around June (at karate camp to be precise) I finally caved. I couldn't go on in good conscience anyway. I'm only mildly telepathic, and so couldn't quite tell what Charlessa was thinking. :^) I hated to possibly be putting Charlessa into an unsure limbo. "Is Jesse looking toward something more serious than friends here or not? He spends a lot of time, but nothing definite?"

Shortly after July 4th, after a couple weeks of prayer and getting any input dad and mom had to offer, I jumped in!

I just didn't mention it to Charlessa.

( the big chicken that I am! )

Continue: The Story: June

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home