Sunday, February 05, 2006

Birthday Dinner

It was Friday night before our schedules allowed enough time together for a birthday celebration. Friday evening, Jesse made dinner for me at his place. We had soup, chicken, salad and rice. Followed up by root beer floats for dessert. A very delicious meal! (I'd even say better than my cooking. :)

The evening gave us time to talk and catch-up too. Between our schedules, times with just the two of us can seem a bit far between. But then I think of the couples I know that are across the country from each other (or even in different parts of the world) and remember that we are blessed.

Last year for my birthday, I barely had time to notice, as I struggled to keep up with everything happening in the library. In the last 7 months, I've hired help in the library, been to Ireland, started dating my best friend, and lost my grandfather. Yes, there have been a lot of changes in my life in the past year! Only God knows what the coming year holds. May I rely on Him for strength and guidance, whatever lies ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home