Invitations
This confession may not have a good effect on my macho reputation, but as the big date gets closer, I'm getting sappier. All the stuff I knew I would never do, I'm doing. I've got a picture of me and Charlessa for my computer background, and the next time Pat walks up and says "Wow, pretty girl, but who's that big ape holding her," he's going to get a fat lip! Actually, it just makes me grin like an idiot. I'm doodling hearts and C's on my notebook during meetings. I'm re-reading old emails from her. I'm doing that whole staring-into-her-eyes stuff. And of course lots of daydreaming.
The wedding had better hurry up or I'll be a complete mess! 64 more days!
As it is, I feel really lucky to have Charlessa. She's doing all the hard work for the wedding while I get to do cool stuff like plan the honeymoon and find housing, and Charlessa even did plenty for those. If any of you married women out there have stories about how your husbands were wonderful and so helpful with the wedding, please keep them to yourselves - I don't want to feel bad. :^D
The big thing that made me realize all this - invitations! I was going to be really nice and helpful and go address and fill out invitations last night.
Einstein, Bohr, and Planck together couldn't have figured out all those envelopes and inserts!
This gets folded like that; that only has the guest name on it; this has the guest name and address; make sure to follow proper standards for writing names and addresses; little (%$&*#!) piece of gauzy paper goes inside that (I'm skipping that!); and have an ID system for all the response cards so that if they leave off their name, you still know who it's from.
Steven Hawking couldn't develop a more complicated Superstring theory!
And as I'm fumbling around with them, Charlessa seems to know which piece goes where almost without looking. The only salve to my ego - God must have put a special set of "Wedding Invitation" genes into women and left them out of guys.
Here's my background picture. Can we all say WOW!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home