Thursday, May 01, 2008

Summer Plans

Summer is coming fast and with it summer plans!

Next weekend, we are hoping to catch Screwtape Letters on stage in DC.

The following weekend is graduation for PHC and Purcellville's Centennial Celebration.

The following weekend is Memorial Day weekend and Round Hill's Hometown Festival.

The last weekend of May is, I think, at the moment, unscheduled.

The first weekend of June I'll be teaching again.

The second week of June I'll be attending ACL conference.

The third weekend of June is West Virginia State Folk Festival.

The last week of June is a visit to Pennsylvania.

The first weekend of July is Independence Day weekend. (The 4th is on Friday).

The fourth weekend of July is a clogging competition.

The first week of August is a visit to Kansas.

The second week of August, new faculty arrive and have orientation on Thursday and Friday.

The third week of August, faculty have several days of workshop/retreat mixed with new students arriving and going through orientation and returning students arriving.

August 25, PHC resumes classes.

My summer will go quickly! I didn't even put in anything about hiring for the Library Assistant position, completing periodical renewals, completing database renewals, upgrading our circulation/cataloging software with customizing the web catalog, reviewing assessment goals to make changes for the coming year, and possibly hiring now student workers.

Lord, Don't let me lose sight of my priorities both at home and at work so that I can use my time efficiently and wisely!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home