Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Story: Not Yet

I have to say that through the spring, after Jesse had moved back to the area, I was pretty much oblivious to anything that might be happening in our relationship. In my defense, by January, I had been single-handedly managing a library for nearly 300 students for four months with no full-time help in sight. I was literally more than 2 months behind on everything I was supposed to do and getting farther behind by the day. Jesse spending his time on weekends or evenings helping with various projects in the library is probably the only way he could have gotten any notice from me at all. As it was, I very much appreciated the help, but didn't give the time to any deeper consideration.

The thing that came closest to knocking me out of my obsession with work (and should've been a huge sign) was the gift he gave me for my birthday--it was personalized with my name. As my name has yet to be found in a book of baby names, you know that something personalized was not bought off-the-shelf with only a moment's thought. As close as that gift came to waking me up, I still buried my head back under my work and managed to slip back into my oblivion. It was another four months before I really began to emerge from my hibernation.

Continue: The Story: Going On?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home