Friday, June 30, 2006

6 months and counting

183 Days until December 30. [No, I didn't figure that out myself--one of the features of a wedding planning site.]

Considering that I didn't get serious about wedding planning until less than two weeks ago, I think things are going ok.

Accomplished:
- Pastor
- Church
- Reception hall (at church)
- Attendants decided on
- Invitations & wording selected, I believe
- Colors narrowed down to 2-3 choices. May depend somewhat on what we find for bridesmaid dresses in August.
- Started working on guest lists.
- Started a gift registry

Still to do:
- Cake
- Other food & drink for reception
- Photographer
- Bridesmaid dresses
- Bride's gown
- Attire for groom and groomsmen
- Pre-marital counseling (Have the book. Scheduled to start meeting in August, after everyone's vacations.)
- Music
- Flowers
- Favors
- Accomodations for out-of-town guests
- A minor million other details.

Am I ready to elope? Nope. As long as I work on one thing at a time, I'm having fun. And as I'm a big family person, I really can't imagine the day being quite as perfect without my family there to share it.

I promise I'll post something besides wedding stuff next time!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home