You'll Never Know
These are the words from a card that Jesse gave me before we were married with what I've been thinking about this week when I read them again.
You'll never know how much your smile lights up the room
(when I walk in the door from work)
or your laughter fills my soul,
(when Jer is being cute)
making all the little problems of the day disappear.
(with a cup of tea and a back rub)
You'll never know how much it means to me when you do or say something thoughtful and totally unexpected--usually just at the moment I need it most.
(Listening when I complain about my uncertainties and offering support and solutions when I'm ready for them.)
You'll neve know how much pride I hold in my heart for the person you are and the things you do--
for your strength
(rearranging and moving the furniture--again)
and your gentleness,
(caring for Jer)
your courage
(committing to spend your life with me)
and your determination,
(mowing the lawn)
your accomplishments
(fixing your computer to have Internet access)
and your dreams.
(earning another degree)
You'll never know how much I need you by my side--
in the best of times
(attending a performance like "Tale of Two Cities")
and the worst of times
(hmmm...have we really had any yet?)
and all the times in between.
(clogging performances, church activities, waking up in the morning)
It really doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing,
(visiting a friend's home, playing at the park , working on the house and lawn)
as long as we're together to share it all.
(prayer, Bible reading, faith)
I love you with all my heart and soul--you'll never know how much.
"We'll have many years to spend showing each other how much we love each other. I may not be able to say how much I love you, but I pray that I will be able to show you."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home