Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Wedding Vows

We'd decided pretty early in the process that we didn't feel inspired to write our own vows. But when we started trying to pick a set of vows, none of them seemed exactly right. Finally, we narrowed it down to 2-3 different vows. Jesse combined them together, then we spent a couple of days smoothing out the wording and grammatical problems.

We were both very pleased with the final result--traditional and clearly Christ-centered. For those who weren't able to make it to the wedding (or those that did and want to read them), here are the vows we said.

I Raymond Jesse, in faith, honesty and love, take you, Charlessa Eileen, to be my wedded wife, to share with you in God's plan for our lives, united together in Christ from this day on, to have and to hold, for richer and for poorer, for better and for worse, in sickness and in health, in joys and in sorrows, forsaking all others, until death do us part. With God's help to strengthen and guide me, I will be a strong spiritual leader for us in our life and give you all that I have of my love and my self to love and care for you as Christ does the Church. All these things I pledge to you in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. With this ring I seal my vow of love to you, Charlessa, and pray I may fulfill God's place for me in our home, in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

I Charlessa Eileen, in faith, honesty and love, take you, Raymond Jesse, to be my wedded husband, to share with you in God's plan for our lives, united together in Christ from this day on, to have and to hold, for richer and for poorer, for better and for worse, in sickness and in health, in joys and in sorrows, forsaking all others, until death do us part. With God's help to strengthen and guide me, I will be your strong helpmate and give you all that I have of my love and my self, submitting to you as the church submits to Christ. All these things I pledge to you in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. With this ring I seal my vow of love to you, Jesse and pray I may fulfill God's place for me in our home, in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home