Friday, October 12, 2007

Jesse's Birthday

I won't speak for Jesse, but I sure enjoyed his birthday yesterday! (At least the parts where I wasn't stranded by the road.)

In the morning, we slept in. I had planned to leave a gift and card for him in the car, but he was still in his car last night when I would've left the gift. Instead, I left it by the front door where he would find it as we were leaving. He took the time to open and exclaim over the gift--a t-shirt that reads "Will Work for Books." What made that gift even more fun is that while up in PA for the Weekend to Remember, his sister Katie had given him a t-shirt that read "Will Flex for Food" and he had been wearing that the night before to youth group.

I can't say I arranged anything for him at work, but the office mom made sure everyone knew it was Jesse's birthday. The office took him out for lunch at The Olive Garden.

A couple of weeks earlier I had to mention to a friend (also a clogger) that I would love to be able to give Jesse an electric keyboard, as he likes playing the piano. She immediately volunteered that she had an extra keyboard that she would be willing to lend us. So I had arranged with her to get the keyboard during work on Thursday, planning to take it home between work and clogging to set it up in the living room where Jesse would see it when he arrived home (probably after clogging). As I didn't have a car for the day, I had to change that plan.

I also had picked up a pair of clogging shoes for Jesse. My original plan was that I'd probably get to clogging before him and I would find a place to leave the gift and card where he would see it when he arrived. As I didn't have a car, Jesse picked me up for clogging and I ended up just handing him the gift and the card while we were in the car.

While we were at clogging, I helped our friend move her keyboard into Jesse's car. After clogging, Jesse opened the back door to drop some stuff back there and saw the keyboard and started asking questions. I had another card to explain the loaned gift.

Jesse "complained" that now he'd have to figure out how to top the day when it came time to my birthday. I think I have the bigger problem--I have his birthday next year....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home