Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Winchester Apple Blossom Festival

Jesse's parents were in Winchester this past weekend as crafters at the Apple Blossom Festival. We went out and spent the weekend in Winchester with Jer. I'm not sure they really believe me when I tell them I enjoy helping at the shows, but I do--at least in nice weather like this past weekend!

The work is relatively straight-forward and easy--know the prices, explain the products (solar lights, pot stackers, and rust avoidance), and handle sales. It always brings back memories of working the concession stands for 4-H at football games or the fair. My weakest point is still the math, but without having to deal with tax, it's easy enough. I generally don't have any problems counting money to make change, but I admire those who can do the math in their head! (At one point Jesse was handling a sale and just turned around and asked, "can I get $31 for change?") Don't interrupt me while I'm counting change--I'm in the middle of using my math manipulatives!

Jer seemed to enjoy the weekend. With a tarp spread out on the ground, he spent some time playing with Legos and PlayDo. His good friend Gracie stopped by and played for a bit, as they don't get to see each other often. He also spent time walking around the craft grounds with Grandpa.

So glad to spend time with family!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home