Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Bears' Den

On the Appalachian trail (at a point just off of Rt. 7), there's a lodge and look-out known as Bears' Den. I've been there a handful of times with my family. The look-out includes a collection of large rocks that is great for scrambling around. With my cautious nature, I tend to spend more time sitting and enjoying the view than scrambling. But the fact that Jesse had never been to Bears' Den--I could only contribute to the fact that nobody had ever successfully described for him the possibilities. I decided the solution was a visit.

So, as we were headed past the point on the way home from PA on Sunday afternoon, I requested a stop. The weather was nice and we only had a few minutes to spare before I had to be at Awana. I didn't have to plead, but I don't know but what Jesse didn't agree just as a favor to me. By the time we left, Jesse was promising Jer a trip back another time and was talking about the possibility of bringing the youth group up for a picnic.

In between, I had great fun watching Jer tackle the rocks with his dad's help while Jesse exclaimed over how much Jer's reaction exactly matched his own at that age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home