Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Engagements

There are so many ways that I get reminded how great Jesse is to me! Lately, I've been reminded about how good he is in agreeing to a 7 month engagement!

Two other couples we know have gotten engaged after us and are planning weddings before us. One couple got engaged the first week of June and are planning a late August wedding (just shy of a 3-month engagement). Another couple got engaged at the beginning of July and are planning a mid-October wedding (3.5 month engagement).

When I hear of these short engagements, it just makes our engagement seem that much longer. But I'm enjoying the planning, the preparations, and the anticipation (at least most days). Hopefully I'll be able to maintain the stress-free attitude with less than three months to go!

Update. Just thought I'd add to the list of current short engagements: a couple I've met, but don't know well, are in the midst of planning their wedding--getting married just six weeks after they announced their engagement.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7/24/2006 4:55 PM, Blogger Angel said...

If I had it to do over again, I'd have made our engagement longer (it was eight months). You only get to be engaged once, and compared to the dating period (18 months) and the marriage period (forever!), engagement is the shortest. But it's also one of the most fun ever. :) Enjoy it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home