One Month and Counting
Thursday, November 30 - 1 month to the wedding
Thursday, November 30 - 30 days to the wedding
Saturday, December 2 - 4 weeks to the wedding
In less than 696 hours, we'll be married.
There are some moments when that still seems like a long time away. There are other moments when it seems like not nearly enough time to do what still needs done and properly enjoy this time of anticipation.
In the last month:
- I received a visit from my Mom and my sister! They were both here for my bridal shower on the 11th with friends from work and clogging.
- I've had a seemingly un-ending saga with a bad tooth. (Hopefully I'll recover quickly from the extraction yesterday and get to feeling better very soon.)
- I signed the contract with the florist.
- Met with Beth about the food for the reception.
- We mailed the invitations out!! (And are getting back RSVP cards!)
- We wrote our vows. (Still need to run them by our pastor, I think.)
- Signed a lease for a rental townhouse in Leesburg. (Jesse plans to pick up the key today, I think!)
- Got out the thank you notes from the shower.
- Started putting together the favors. 2 boxes down, 5 to go.
- Put together the order of service, but still subject to changes.
- Got the major pieces of the rehearsal & dinner settled (time, place, etc). (Though just got an e-mail that might change some of that.)
Planned for the next few weeks:
- Finish the favors.
- Put together the final order of service & print the program.
- Announcements. Get them worded, printed, and addressed (including pulling together the needed addresses).
- Reception. Put together background music. Work out the order of events. Put together a slideshow of pictures.
- Get gifts for everyone involved in the wedding.
Oh yeah, I still need to go Christmas shopping. I'm sure there's lots more that I'm forgetting at the moment. But at the moment, it's feeling very manageable, in that I'm confident that everything that HAS to happen will happen. At some point, I may have to decide that some little things just aren't happening, and hopefully I'll be able to say that before we get too stressed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home