Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Happy 1-Month Anniversary!

A month ago about this time (Dec 30, 2:40 PM), we walked out of the sanctuary having just been pronounced husband and wife. As we reached a bit of privacy, Jesse turned to me and stated, "We're married." My reply was, "So they say." At that moment, I didn't "feel" married. The ceremony was great, but nothing in it really changed how I "felt."

Last Sunday at church, a friend commented to us that when he saw us after the honeymoon, he was struck by the fact that we "looked married." He couldn't define what "the look" was, but we don't really mind--it matches the facts and we (at least I) am feeling married. And that is a VERY GOOD THING.

At some point about mid-way through the honeymoon, I found myself feeling disappointed when I thought about going home and back to "normal life." When I took the time to figure out why I was feeling disappointed, I realized that I was still thinking of "normal life" as what I've known for the past 5-6 years--living on my own and only seeing friends (including Jesse) when time permitted between work, church, clogging, and other activities. That's not what I want any more for my "normal life."

I'm still figuring out what the new "normal" is, but I'm enjoying every minute of it--not going home to an empty house, not having to deal with all the chores (from dishes to broken showers) on my own, having my best friend there to listen and share the joys and frustrations, and so much more.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1/31/2007 11:35 AM, Blogger SS said...

Ah! Good for you! Married life - even "normal" married life - has such a joy to it. May you never lose that sense of joy!
8-)
SS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home