Monday, August 18, 2008

Anniversary again?!

Yup, today is our third anniversary ... of when I first asked Charlessa out. Best thing I've ever done!

Thursday after clogging everyone else had needed to hurry off for various things and we were left alone in the clogging barn. So we spent an hour or two talking and sitting there, and it was just like "old times". For over a year Charlessa and I sat in that barn, or outside talking and chit-chatting about any and every little thing.

I've come to the sneaking suspicion that the other cloggers were leaving early to leave us alone. Ever since we got married, it seems like they will regularly sit and chat until 10:30 or 11:00, whereas they seemed to take off within 20 minutes of the end of class back when we were dating and engaged.

We have a great group of friends!

I was shocked when C&I figured out that it had been three years ago that we were standing outside and I managed to stutter through asking her out on a date. While it would be sort of fun to have a video of that night, I also have deep feelings of relief that I wasn't captured on film being such a bumbling, 30-minutes-to-get-to-the-point performance. I much prefer to maintain my self-image of being cool, suave, debonair, and rakishly handsome! :^)

It doesn't seem like it has been that long. Three years. Wow! It's been a GOOD three years!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home