New Name
Warning: The following post, while not typically "sappy," is very typical "pre-wedding excitiment" and will leave the rest of humanity shaking their heads and saying, "Why in the world is THAT worth posting?!?"
Due to other changes going on at work, it made sense to go ahead and make my name change happen on some of the things at work (ID card, business cards, etc). I have to admit, that until today, anytime I saw my new name written out, my first thought was, "What a LONG name!" I had to write it out again today. For the first time, my initial thought was, "I could actually like this name."
I can't say I'm excited about having to sign 18 characters with three capitals (plus initials or middle names), but there are far worse things in life and, after awhile, I'm sure I'll seldom give it a second thought. After all, there are other people with lengthier names than that.....OK, I'm not thinking of any at the moment, but I'm sure they exist!
Update 12/11: When I logged into Angel today, I noticed it had my new name. I hadn't specifically asked for that to be changed. That info is loaded periodically from the main database. Kara must've updated the main database when she printed my new ID card with my new name.

1 Comments:
Oh! I had a college roommate who, with just first and last name, signed 17 characters with 3 capitals.
Post a Comment
<< Home