A Scavenger Hunt
From Darren & Sara
* A Shoe
From The Blue Ridge Thunder Cloggers Updates
* A Tooth
From Through the Gates
Well, this is the last of any wise thoughts (and wise-cracks). Tomorrow morning at 7AM, my wise-teeth are being extracted. They made a not-so-wise decision to be mezzio-angular impacted. Have a mezzio-angular impaction. Impacted mezzio-angularly. Something like that. I guess this just goes to show I don't have much wisdom to lose.* An Odd Name
From A Librarian in VA
My name is so odd, Google can't find it in the phrase "Charlessa needs"
OK, people are asking Google what they need:Olivia Heidi Angel Kelly Will and Christian Jesse DMWhen I ask, Google says, "No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found."* A Car (fancier the better)
From Ireland and Back Again
15) I hope we didn't alarm the owner if he saw us all posing withOK, So I hadn't visited this particular special event blog within the last two weeks, but had visited his main blog - Karate and Whatnot from PA.
his car. SWEET!!!
* A Frightful Dilemma
From Wilhoite Prayer Blog
Especially hard right now is the unknown in my near future. I have an appointment with Barnes in St. Louis next Friday at 1:30 p.m. with their transplant team. My oncologist went from saying one day that he's pretty sure they will just tell me to go home and live my life to "you're 25, and it would be a cure, you might as well." I also have no idea what is in my future if I don't have a transplant and just have follow-up care. No one has told me if I'll have consolidation chemo treatments. I think overall they are just not quite sure what to do with me yet. I'm 25 and have AML. People my age don't get AML to begin with. I have yet to hear of anyone who is 100% clear after two chemo treatments. That just doesn't happen. My doctors have never come out and said I'm a miracle, but when I have commented on the number of people praying for me they have said, "Well, obviously prayer works." So I am unusual, I am a sign of God's hand -- the result of your prayers. I am learning once again to just trust my Savior.This is from Brandon Wilhoite (PHC Alum) and his wife Amy who had leukemia. Things are going well - transplant seems to be doing REALLY well! PTL!
* A Discussion of Childbirth
From The Main Event
~I’ve suddenly lost my ankles! I can’t find them anywhere; my mom says I’ll find them again soon. Thankfully, I only have a little over 3 weeks left. The dr’s office made me 2 more appointments, and said they should be my last. It feels scary and exciting, all at the same time! Dr said baby’s head is down, but she hasn’t dropped yet. :( Jumping jacks?* A Theological Discussion/Debate
~I think we are ready..got the room ready, my bags are packed, and I’m in a cleaning mood. Gotta get the house in order. :)
~Speaking of feet, I managed to get one coat of polish on my toes yesterday. Gonna try to get the second coat today. I have to wait until the baby is sideways, or else I can’t reach my feet.
From Transformational Conversation
Take your pick!* A Funny Line, Joke, or Short Post
From My Bulletin Board Called Life!
After a visit with the head of the primary department a bit before Christmas, Petey walks through the door with a candy cane and hands it to the teacher.* A Train (the engine and cars kind)
"Why, thank you, Petey*. But, where did you get this?"
"Mrs. Sussex* had them out in her room for free," he responded.
"Are you ssshhhhure it was free?" the teacher questioned, suspicious.
"Yeah," Petey said confused, but confident. "It was in a box that said 'sugar free candy canes'..."
From Karate and Whatnot from VA
(I had to decide whether to submit this one for "train" or for "green.")
Jeremiah has been getting more and more elaborate in his imagination and play. Where he used to be perfectly satisfied with pushing the trains and cars around, he now has large scenarios that get played out! It's is so funny to hear him saying 'Help, help" for one of his trains and then switch over to another train saying 'Here I come! Choo, choo, choo." I haven't been able to decypher which trains are the good-guy trains, which are the bad-guy trains, and which are the ones in need of help. Whenever I start playing, he spends more time correcting me than playing:* A Hairbrush
Don't you know that the J train doesn't go over there?!? Duh dad! And you moved the green train out of position! No, no! That train can't go any further than here!
From the thoughts and adventures of ben, kyrie, and their mom
* An appeal for moneySeven Travel Essentials To Take in Your Carry-on (pre-kids):
1) water bottle
2) moisturizer
3) toothbrush/paste
4) book or magazine
5) hairbrush
6) lip balm
7) ear plugs or ear phones so you don't have to hear the crying children
Seven Travel Essentials To Take in Your Carry-On (post-kids):
1) baby wipes
2) diapers
3) sippy cup
4) baby food
5) blanket
6) toy or book (or more than one of each)
7) Baby Tylenol
From Through The Gates
We just finished up a Gift Entry work party.* A Hobby
....
Check it out - anybody want a water buffalo?
From Karate and Whatnot from VA
Clogging tip # 172
Don't practice flatfooting in the shower while shaving with your eyes closed.
* Green
From One Song, One Glass, One Man
Travis and Katie threw a winter wedding that could only be pulled off in Florida. After the ceremony, they smartly shipped the families and friends (including my wife) onto the swampy waters of Tallahassee in a riverboat to look for alligators. (Alligators are human-sized hairless lizards that lie on banks and think about their greenness. I don't have a high opinion of them, personally.) We got all the party pictures taken while they were gone. I ate half the stuffed mushrooms and Micah and David polished off the shrimp.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home